Search This Blog

Saturday, October 27, 2018

Hit Or Miss?


Wildcard (Warcross, #2)

Wildcard
(Warcross #2)
by Marie Lu
Hardcover, 341 pages
Published September 18th 2018 by G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers
Original TitleWildcard
ISBN: 9780399547997
Library

About:
Emika Chen barely made it out of the Warcross Championships alive. Now that she knows the truth behind Hideo's new NeuroLink algorithm, she can no longer trust the one person she's always looked up to, who she once thought was on her side.

Determined to put a stop to Hideo's grim plans, Emika and the Phoenix Riders band together, only to find a new threat lurking on the neon-lit streets of Tokyo. Someone's put a bounty on Emika's head, and her sole chance for survival lies with Zero and the Blackcoats, his ruthless crew. But Emika soon learns that Zero isn't all that he seems—and his protection comes at a price.

Caught in a web of betrayal, with the future of free will at risk, just how far will Emika go to take down the man she loves? (Goodreads)

Rating:4 Stars

Review:
I loved book number one (Warcross). Wildcard was still good but I felt like it was rushed and didn’t really have many surprises. There was something special from the first book that book two was just missing. There was a lot of I love him, I hate him going on in Wildcard which got to be a bit annoying. The end of the book also had issues. I don’t understand how there wasn’t more punishment dealt out. There was also a point where I was almost positive that there was going to be a book three, but then something changes within the last few pages to put a quick end to that.

Wildcard was still a decent read though. All the characters are back from book one to stop the NeuroLink. New characters are also brought in. There’s adventures and bounty hunters. There’s more Warcross games and Zero. There’s betrayal and a bit of forgiveness. I enjoyed most of the book and read it very quickly. It definitely lost a star from me due to the ending though.

Overall, if you read Warcross and enjoyed it, you have to read Wildcard to find out what happens. If you haven’t read Wildcard, what are you waiting for? Go and pick it up! It’s a fun read.


Image result for book meme

No comments:

Post a Comment